Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happily exhausted!

It has been one busy week.  I'm not sure I've stuck to all my food goals (and by that I mean I definitely haven't), but I have at least left the house for a little bit every day.  Well except for today, but I've still got time.  I need to run to the grocery store which I suppose could count towards my very vague rule of getting out of the house.  Even though the intention of that rule was to go for a walk or to the park everyday.  Like I said before, it's a work in progress!

I have been working on the house and making a lot of progress this week though.  I made a nice dent in the boxes and totes in the front room and just finished clearing out the living room of all non-living room things.  I absolutely love how spacious and wonderful this room feels now.  If only it was actually finished though.  This room has not been painted yet and the rest of the new carpet is waiting patiently in the warehouse at my uncle's store.  But today, I can finally get a sense for what this room will feel like once it's finished and that makes me smile!

Gray is pretty happy too.  He's got a TV in the loft now along with his computer desk.  He's watching a Bob the Builder dvd at the moment, and I couldn't be happier about breaking my no-TV-before-6-p.m. rule.  The peace and quiet down here in the living room watching Alia sleep is well worth it!  And it's a short dvd that doesn't auto repeat so he'll be down here before too long I'm sure.

I'm almost caught up on laundry, another activity that should surely be considered an aerobic workout.  Especially in a two-story house with the laundry room on the first floor. I'm also convinced that somehow the laundry always knows when everything is almost clean and put away at which point it instantly multiplies into a dozen more loads!  I have all the dishes washed as well.  Another never ending task around here since we have not yet bought a dishwasher!

If I don't manage to get another thing done today, I won't mind. It's been a busy yet productive morning and early afternoon.  I think I've been trying to keep my mind off the sadness of Prince Poppycock only coming in fourth place on AGT last night.  He deserved to win!  I really hope he keeps performing, and I know Link and I would definitely buy tickets to one of his shows.  Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll be performing in Las Vegas when we go out there to get married! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment