Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A New Wind

Maybe the third time really is a charm!  Or in my case nine hundred and twenty-third time?  I don't know how many times I've decided I'm going to "get in shape", but one of these days I'm actually going to do it!  Good news is I have lost 5 pounds already.  Bad news is that it has nothing to do with what I've been eating.  If I were eating healthier right now, which I most definitely should be since what I eat does affect what Alia eats, I can only imagine how much more I'd be losing.  I know she'll only be nursing exclusively for another few months before she'll start eating more solid foods, which means less milk production for mommy and therefore less calories my body is burning without my help!  I've got to get on the ball now!  Literally...I think I have one of those inflatable workout balls around here somewhere.

Yesterday, I broke out the p90x DVDs we've had unopened for over a year now.  Without reading any of the information or watching the "Watch this First" DVD, I randomly picked one of the workout DVDs and put it in.  Just so happened I picked plyometrics which apparently is the hardest one to do.  The instructor kindly announced this fact about 8 minutes into the warmup.  I turned it off after 10 minutes.  It became crystal clear that I am definitely not in shape and my legs are officially made out of Jello.  Today I'm going to try the Cardio-x DVD instead.  With just over 8 weeks until Christmas I have my work cut out for me.  I'm not sure I can meet my original goal by then, but I am determined to get as close as I can.  And when I say "determined", that excludes the pizza I'm going to eat tonight for girl's night out!  Baby steps people! Plus it was a pre-planned event!

So pass your motivational tips and tricks my way.  I'm back on a mission!  Little gray cashmere sweater here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. See if kaceys has anything online about menu and nutrition and find something we both can eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL It's a pizza, pasta, and sandwich shoppe! Which means nothing is diet approved! Tonight I'm just looking forward to enjoying a great dinner with friends, not counting calories (or points)! =)

    ReplyDelete